- This event has passed.
Actions to Advance Racial Equity Workshop
January 22 @ 8:45 am - 1:00 pmFree
This free workshop, led by Greater Spokane Progress, will equip you with tools to assert leadership to move your organization to take intentional steps to advance racial equity. We will do this by:
• Building familiarity with the four drivers to advancing racial equity: Normalizing, Organizing, Visualizing, Operationalizing.
• Identifying barriers and challenges to normalizing conversations about race.
• Sharing tools to support organizations in developing a racial equity plan.
• Beginning to assess our own organizations and confront challenges to taking the first step to normalizing and leading with race.
• Articulating why talking about race is important and identifying actionable takeaways.
The workshop is free. Your organization is asked to select 2 to 3 people to attend from different levels of leadership if possible. The prerequisite for this workshop is previous attendance to a Greater Spokane Progress’ Why Race Matters Workshop or Race: The Power of Illusion Workshop. We ask that you register by January 15 as space is limited. We will have a waiting list.
The workshop is co-sponsored by Community-Minded Enterprises, Innovia Foundation, Empire Health Foundation, Spokane County United Way, and Whitworth University’s Dornsife Center for Community Engagement.
Please contact Anne Martin with any questions that you may have at 509-624-5657